- Key words
An expert in the field of modelling and design of structure and properties of metallic and ceramic materials.
Academic research conducted
- Investigation of the strengthening mechanisms of Ti and its alloys – ab initio modelling of structure and properties of crystalline defects existing in pure and alloyed Ti. Fabrication (arc melting) and tests of new alloys including microstructure and chemical/phase composition (SEM, EDS, EBSD, EDS, XRD, DSC and Resistivity measurements);
- Studies of the deformation and strengthening mechanisms of metastable (martensitic) Ti alloys obtained through the 3D printing techniques – ab initio modelling of the deformation processes of martensite laths and activity of glide/twining deformation modes. Experimental analysis of structure of fabricated materials (SEM, TEM, EBSD, EDS, XRD);
- Laser surface treatment aimed at improving the adhesion of implantable elements. Investigation of the surface structure and substrate of implants after surface functionalisation;
- Designing of the new, lightweight and elastically homogeneous structural materials with increased plasticity and high-cycle wear resistance. Ab initio modeling of the stability of metastable metallic systems and optimization of their composition towards a homogeneous elastic response to a given load. Experimental work involving the production of new alloys and measurement of their mechanical properties and structure;
- Designing of a next-gen. light Ti alloys for high temperature applications. Ab initio modeling of the influence of alloying elements on the activity of creep mechanisms. Empirical production and testing of the developed systems.
- Politechnika Warszawska,
- Instytut Fizjologii i Patologii Słuchu,
- KGHM Polska Miedź SA,
- Mennica Metale Szlachetne Sp. Z o.o.
- École nationale supérieure de chimie de Paris (Chimie ParisTech) – Paryż, Francja,
- Commissariat à l'energie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA) – Saclay, Francja,
- Université Libre de Bruxelles - Belgia,
- Louisiana State University - Baton Rouge, USA,
- The Boeing Company,
Offer for entrepreneurs
Design of crystalline materials with required properties, optimization chemical/phase composition of available materials, development and optimization of manufacturing processes including formation by plastic deformation, heat treatment, optimization of welding methods and surface modification, selection of materials for specific applications, designing the composition and structure of biomedical alloys and 3D printing.