- Key words
Department of Molecular Biology, Genetics & Immunology, Institute of Biological Sciences at Cardinal Stefan Wyszynski University.
Academic research conducted
My research focuses mainly on biodiversity, systematic, biology, phylogeny and biogeography of ectoparasitic mites found on reptiles. I am particularly interested in scale mites of the family Pterygosomatidae (so-called “scale-mites’) because due to their narrow host-specificity (mono- and stenoxenous parasites) they are an interesting model for coevolutionary analyses of host-parasite interactions.
Dr Praveen Karanth (Center for Ecological Sciences, IISc, Bangalore, India)
Molecular biology, Fundamentals of phylogenesis, Molecular methods in ecology and microbiology
- 01. 10. 2019 - 05. 10. 2019 "Workshop on Molecular Phylogenetics" organized by the Center for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (India)
- 30.10. 2019 'RNA Sequencing Experiment Design and Data Analysis' at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, (India)
Internships in foreign units:
- 02. 09. 2019 - 01. 12. 2019 Center for Ecological Science, IISc, Bangalore 560012, India
- 03.07.2017 - 14.07.2017 and 03.03.2013 - 16.03.2013 Zoological Museum of the University of Copenhagen (Denmark), Universitetsparken 15, DK-2100 København
- 26.09. 2016 - 7. 10. 2016 Museum of Natural History in Prague (Czech Republic) Cirkusová 1740, 193-00 Praha 9 - Horní Počernice
- 01.06. 2016 - 30.06.2016 and 06.09.2015 - 07.10.2015 and 01.11.2014 - 30.01.2015 Bavarian Zoological Collection in Munich (Germany), Münchhausenstraße 21, Munich 81247
- 28. 09. 2014 - 24. 10. 2014 Natural History Museum in London (United Kingdom) Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD
Head of grants:
- From September 2019 - currently Grant "Understanding the ecology and evolution of host-parasite interactions with the example of Geckobia mites (Acariformes: Pterygosomatidae) and Hemidactylus geckos (Sauria: Gekkonidae) from the Indian Subcontinent" under a grant awarded by the European Molecular Biology Organization (EMBO-8277).
- December 2016 The SYNTHESYS grant financed by the European Commission’s (FP6) Integrated Infrastructure Initiative program (DK-TAF-6273) entitled "Mites from the genus Geckobia (Acari: Pterygosomatidae) parasitizing lizards of the infraorder Gekkota."
- July 2014 - July 2016 The PRELUDIUM grant financed by the National Science Center (DEC-2013/11 / N / NZ8 / 00616) entitled "Biodiversity and host-host systems of the prostigmatic mite (Acari: Pterygosomatidae) permanent reptile parasites (Reptilia: Squamata: Sauria) Palearctic".
- December 2015 The SYNTHESYS grant financed by the European Commission’s (FP6) Integrated Infrastructure Initiative program (CZ-TAF-3389) entitled "Mites from the genus Pterygosoma (Acari: Pterygosomatidae) parasitizing lizards (Reptilia: Squamata)."
- November 2014 - January 2015 Unique Graduate Grant = Opportunities. The increase in the didactic potential of the University of Adam Mickiewicz through pro-innovative education in English, interdisciplinarity, e-learning, investments in human resources "Bio-diversity and phylogenesis of prostigmatic mites (Acari: Pterygosomatidae), solid and highly specific reptile parasites and their historical associations with hosts on the example of lizards from the families: Agamidae, Gerrhosauridae and Liolaemidae (Reptilia: Squamata)."
- December 2012 The SYNTHESYS grant financed by the European Commission’s (FP6) Integrated Infrastructure Initiative program (DK-TAF-2897) entitled "Mites (Acari: Prostigmata: Pterygosomatidae) parasitizing reptiles in the Eurasian region"